If you, for some reason, want to have transparent areas on your images (for example, image background for publishing on a website with a background of its own, or for placing them on another background), you’ll need special purpose software that can create these transparent areas. If you don’t have such a program at hand, Image Converter Plus will help you create these transparent images – on a batch of images at once.
Do the following:
- First, you should decide which parts of your images should be transparent. These areas must be of the same color. This color should differ from all other colors of the image (if it is a draft or a text, it may be white background color, or, if it is a multicolor image, it will be a unique color seen nowhere else. It is advisable to write down or memorize parameters of these color – red, green, blue). The file should be saved in GIF format.
- Launch Image Converter Plus.
- Go to “Photos” tab, select and add images you want to add transparent background to.
- Go to Profiles tab. In “Operation before save: Add operation” line, click “Add operation” and select “Replace Color” from the menu.
- Click “+” mark located to the left from “Add operation” line to open the group of settings for added operations.
- In “Replace color”, select “user defined” in “Replace color” line, and select the exact color to be replaced with transparency in the window that appears. If you wrote down its parameters in step 1, enter them into the corresponding boxes of the window.
- Select “transparent” in “with color” line. In “tolerance” line, specify 0 if you have entered the exact values of the color, or values from 1 to 10 if you are not sure about these values. Disable “smoothing” checkbox.
- Specify GIF as target image format. Specify other settings for the format (optimal values are specified by default).
- Specify the folder to save converted images to.
- Specify other settings.
- Press “Start” button to start conversion.