If you have to send scanned texts over Internet, don’t send these images right away. Such scanned images are of a large size and it will take much time to send them. It would be wise to reduce their size first. It will also help free some extra space on your hard disk drive. Image Converter Plus will reduce the size of scanned texts while preserving their readability.
Do the following:
- Launch Image Converter Plus.
- Go to “Photos” tab, select and add images you want to process.
- Usually texts are black-and-white, so there’s no need to store them as color images. First you should convert them to black-and-white images. To do it, go to Profiles tab. In “Operation before save: Add operation” line, click “Add operation” and select “ColorEffects” from the menu.
- Click “Add operation” once again and select “Replace Color” from the menu.
- Repeat step 4 once again.
- Click “+” mark located to the left from “Add operation” line to open the group of settings for added operations.
- In “Color Effects”, select “Grayscale” effect in “Apply … Effect” line.
- In the first instance of “Replace Color”, select “black” and “black” in “Replace color : with color :” line. In “with tolerance : %” line, enter a value from 10 to 20 (the value should be selected empirically).
- In the second instance of “Replace Color”, select “white” and “white” in “Replace color : with color :” line. In “with tolerance : %” line, enter a value from 10 to 20 (the value should be selected empirically).
- Now you should save the image in the most economical format. In
- images in …. format” line, select GIF format which is most suitable in our case.
- In “With … colors”, select “2”.
- Specify other settings for the format (optimal values are specified by default).
- Specify the folder to save converted images to.
- Specify other settings.
- Press “Start” button to start conversion.